Road map for AiA | Cartographers Guild | Bzorch SRD | Bzorch BRCS | Turn Submission Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    
Anarchy in Anuire Forum Index Anarchy in Anuire
A Birthright PBEM (BRCS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[5.1] Heart of Haelyn Cathedral, Ilien

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchy in Anuire Forum Index -> The Siren's Call Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IHH
Page

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: [5.1] Heart of Haelyn Cathedral, Ilien Reply with quote

The Sword Prefect, Boeric Enlien, walks into the Heart of Haelyn Cathedral in Ilien. He pauses to watch Veledan giving a teaching lecture to a group of new neonates.

“….are Courage, Honor, and Justice . Though these terms look simple, as one progresses upon the path of Haelyn and study the Book of Laws, one can begin to see the varied nuances in each of these pillars of Haelyn’s will.”

“Courage can be seen in many aspects of our life. It takes Courage to stand up and speak. It also takes Courage to know when to sit down and listen. And though what some would see as a contradiction, I would put forth that it is differing levels of understanding. For Courage is not simply confronting a hazard without fear but is being resolute in spirit for a just cause. Many hear have the Courage to die gallantly, but would any hear have the strength to say that the cause which one may die for is unworthy?

“Even Honor, that which appears to be the most straight forward, has its complexity. But how so, do you ask? Honor is holding oneself to the ideal of conduct, whether it be inconvenient or dangerous to do so. Honor is something each of us is born with but sometimes needs others to assist us in understanding it. And it is that path that takes one from being driven to a code of Honor by the opinions of others and reaching the that ideal by holding true to Honor in your own heart.”

“And last we have Justice, the application of law and what is right. If one breaks a law, one is guilty. But not all acts are equal and not all guilty acts require the same punishment. For is a man steals a silver coin to increase his own horde held to the same account as to a man who stole a silver coin to feed his family? It is easy to apply the same result to both, but such path leads to vengeance and the power of the Shadow. It is better to seek an outcome that identifies with the intent and reasoning behind the action taken.”

“Each of the Three Pillars helps us better understand the Book of Laws and can by itself be taken to as a devotion, as can be seen by the Northern Imperial Temple holding true to mercy and compassion, which are but lesser virtues of honor.“

“But, that is a time for another discussion.”

Veledan nods to the neophytes and as they file off, Boeric makes his way to Veledan.
Boeric Enlien
Serf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boeric makes his way and bows to Veledan. After the young students leave, the Sword Prefect speaks his mind.

"The message has been sent to the Ducal Council, Your Holiness. Though I still question that such a path will bear fruit. They have become used to not being beholden to anyone and have forgotten that the Empire was founded on behalf of Haelyn through his brother, the Blessed Roele."

The outcome of the war is in our hands; the outcome of words is in the council.
Veladan Armiendin
Commoner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veledan smiles at his friend.

"They must be given the chance, my friend. By their position, it is only right that we see what path they are traveling. And who are the temples to admonish indiscriminately? We are as shattered and fragmented as the duchies and baronies of our Empire. Though I think it is time for ourselves to search our own hearts for whether we also walk the just path."

If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchy in Anuire Forum Index -> The Siren's Call Tavern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: