Road map for AiA | Cartographers Guild | Bzorch SRD | Bzorch BRCS | Turn Submission Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    
Anarchy in Anuire Forum Index Anarchy in Anuire
A Birthright PBEM (BRCS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn 5.2 Duel in the Imperial City
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchy in Anuire Forum Index -> The Crystal Rose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
House Diem
Knight Bachelor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I agree that I will abdicate rights to Diemed if I fall as you shall do the same wh... if you fall as well. As well as none of the men arrested last month for conspiring against Diemed shall be hanged."

He smiles boldly as he puts his helmet back on. He taps his sword to his shield as a hollow voice comes from inside his helm.

"Lets see if your sword is as sharp as that forked tongue Darien."
Prince Darien
Count

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Diem wrote:
"I agree that I will abdicate rights to Diemed if I fall as you shall do the same wh... if you fall as well. As well as none of the men arrested last month for conspiring against Diemed shall be hanged."

Darien closes his eyes upon hearing this, his jaw set and grasps his sword tightly. Finally he stares at Dominic with open anger visible on his face.

"Did I not tell you, what my response to your actions would be, if you acted against Avanese officials, cousin? War."

He takes a step back, sucking on his teeth.
"Yet you act against them still - and if I had not mentioned it, you would have hung them, even if you won the duel. You put me in a *very* precarious situation, Duke Dominic. Do I fight you, and risk having my men hanged in spite of my obligations to them as their lord... or do I have you subdued here, and march against your lands to rescue them - as I promised you solemnly I would in case you raised a hand against them?"

He looks to Graelan, and back to Dominic.
"How can I become Emperor if I issue hollow threats and don't follow through on them? Answer me that, cousin dearest?"
House Diem
Knight Bachelor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You think I that harsh to hang a man for following their orders. I intended to simply send them where traitors belong. Back to Avanil. Though yes you did threaten war on Diemed should I take such an action, then while negotiations were at a stalemate under your orders your brigands stole from Diemed. You struck the first blow not I! YOU assaulted Diemed, strong armed Diemed tax collectors. Did you think I would bend to you and permit such an assault to go unpunished? You ride to highly on your horse, you think you are to far above others. I am here to tell you there are those that will not bend to your oppression."

He laughs lightly to himself,

"You Emperor, you have a better chance of sticking your head between your legs and kissing your own arse. Though I wonder, does Ghoere know of the wool you have placed over their eyes? How you seek a war along the southern coast to keep them preoccupied while you attempt corrupt the Imperial City to your will? So that with the backing of Greater Avanil you can forcefully make your self Emperor?

What of Boeruine? Does the Archduke realize he is being used as leverage for you to attempt to claim the Throne of Anurie?

Lastly you are not my cousin! I told you, I do not recognize the bond between us. Now draw your sword and let us end this or attempt to sieze me and watch your greed to be emperor cleansed by Anurie for turning your back on a duel you agreed to. One way or another your attempt of tyranny shall end by me."

With that said Heirl seems poised on his horse to fight, one hand on the hilt of his sword and the other resting on the pole that holds the Flag of Diemed.
Prince Darien
Count

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darien's eyes widen, then he actually laughs out loud and much of his sullen demeanor disappears.
"Who has the wool over his eyes, Dominic? Oh, but I could tell you how wrong you have been all along... how you have made faulty assumptions from day one. In truth, you struck the first blow - though you may not even know it."

He chuckles still, as he signals to the the guards, who take to the boats again. "They will be back in half an hour."

Readying himself, he draws the blade slowly and slashes it through the air a few times to test it.
"Let this end here, then. Let us see if for once in your skewered and short reign, whether you're assumptions and guesswork about your own skills are correct. May the better man win."
House Diem
Knight Bachelor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominic says nothing simply gives the Prince a nod, raising his heavy steel shield and preparing his long sword.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Anarchy in Anuire Forum Index -> The Crystal Rose All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: