Road map for MoA | Cartographers Guild | Bzorch SRD | Bzorch BRCS | Turn Submission Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    
Mists of Anuire Forum Index Mists of Anuire
A Birthright PBEM (BRCS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8.1 Meeting with Diemed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mists of Anuire Forum Index -> The Quill and Signet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Raenech
Count

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: 8.1 Meeting with Diemed Reply with quote

Early in the evening, Count Mark walks into the restaurant and sits down at a corner table, ordering ale. He slowly sips it, waiting for Senator Ardente.
Lord Ardente Maedhaenewe
Viscount

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a while, a young man enters, talks quietly with the restaurent owner, who points in Marks direction, where the young man finally makes an appearence before the count, looking slightly nervous and bowing deeply.

"Your Excellency? I come from the Diemean embassy, and serve Lord Ardente."
His eyes dart nervously around the room, before returning to Mark.

"Milord never heard back from you, but thought it possible you came without confirming, so he sent me to check. I will return to him with word immediately... do you wish me to bring along a message?"
Mark Raenech
Commoner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark turns bright red for a moment, slapping his forehead. "Oh my, I completely forgot to confirm our meeting." He looks at the young man. "Tell his Lordship I am very sorry and that I will wait for him here."
Lord Ardente Maedhaenewe
Viscount

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visibly relieved, the young man simply bows and heads away.

Half an hour later, Lord Ardente enters, removing his cape and handing it to some servant, before proceding towards the table, a slight nod and a smile as a greeting to the man sitting there, as he takes a seat himself.
"Your Excellency... excuse my tardiness. I'm usually on time."
Mark Raenech
Commoner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark looks genuinly embaresed. "It is my fault Lord Ardente. I'm not really cut out for this diplomacy business I'm afraid."

He picks up his glass and takes a long sip. "Would you like to order something? I understand the food here is by far the best in the City. And their wine," he sips again "is superb."
Lord Ardente Maedhaenewe
Viscount

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes, i would." Lord Ardente states, looking for a waiter Some mulled wine would do well to counter the harsh wind outside. I'm positively chilled to the bones.
Mark Raenech
Commoner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the food is served, while chewing his meat, Mark starts the conversation. "My Duke sent me here with a question for you, what are Diemed's intentions towards Medoere now that the Chamberlain made his ruling on the peace that he wishes between the two realms. Will you still strive to return the Barony under your banner or will his Grace be willing to accept the independence of Medoere as a fact?"

"As we see it, this matter is the only issue standing in the way of improving the relations between Osoerde and Diemed and we would like it cleared out."
Lord Ardente Maedhaenewe
Viscount

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm afraid i do not understand your motives for digging in this matter, your excellency." Ardente replies, sipping at his wine, as he pushes his plate slightly away from him.
"We have an agreement, made with Suris Enliens man in the city. An agreement that was necessary after intrusions from the *other* party, not Diemed, and an agreement which, although it forced valuable resources away from the city, to ensure the Emperors peace, was, apparently, necessary."

He takes another sip, and shakes his head

"You are aware, i'm sure, that this... ruling, which was actually more of a mutually agreed upon suggestion, initially requested by Diemed, has resulted in peacefull borders for almost a year now?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mists of Anuire Forum Index -> The Quill and Signet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: