Road map for PoG | Cartographers Guild | Bzorch SRD | Bzorch BRCS | Turn Submission Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    
The Price of Glory Forum Index The Price of Glory
A Birthright PBEM (BRCS)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5.1 A Visit by the Archprelate of OIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Price of Glory Forum Index -> The Imperial Senate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavalan Briesen
Commoner

Occupation: Archprelate, Supreme Commander of the Knightly Orders
Location: Archbishop of Aerele&the Imperial City, Primate of Diemed&Anuire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: 5.1 A Visit by the Archprelate of OIT Reply with quote

Nearly a year has gone by without the Archprelate of the Orthodoxy have been seen anywhere in public, but one early day when the Senate is in session he walks in the doors.

He seems to be walking proudly, but are wearing cloths that quite clearly are in no fit state for such a nobleman and clergyman of such high stature.

He is seen walking up to where the representative of OIT is seen and heard snoring.

Briesen is seen giving a small kick on the Coultons shin to wake him up.
Gheric Coulton
Serf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a start Lord Coulton wakes up, and clearly unbeliving eyes stare up on Archprelate Briesen.

After just a few seconds delay, Lord Coulton, remarkably swiftly compared to any other time he has gotten up the in the hall, jumps up.
While bowing he quickly say,

"Your Holiness! I. I feared you where dead! How are you? Where have you been, where.."
Lavalan Briesen
Commoner

Occupation: Archprelate, Supreme Commander of the Knightly Orders
Location: Archbishop of Aerele&the Imperial City, Primate of Diemed&Anuire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briesen interupts the eager Lord Coulton, and simply say,

"All in good time my child. Sit down. I shall speak to the gathered".

Lavalan Briesen then turns around. He seem to be gathering his thoughts then starts to speak with a clear voice, obviously used to making himself heard.

"Friends, colleagues, and..others", with that Lavalan allow himself a quick smile,

"It is good to be back. I have a brief annoncement I would like to give."

The Archprelate clears his voice, then continues

"I have been asked to say the following.
Representatives of Master Tane, who in no way are pirates, should be recived as true representatives. They should not be ignored, belittled or unbelived."

The Archprelate then give a dry chuckle, before continueing once more,

"Well. With that out of way, I better get back to my children. I'm afraid I shall not be around long enough to answer many questions. Any such can be sent to the Cathedral in Aerele. Simply said I have for nearly a year been a captive of the pirate Tane, who captured me and killing other holy men of the cloth.

I have promised to do some other things also, and being a man of my word, I shall not delay in doing them."

With that the eldering Archprelate bows deeply, and starts walking out again, much to the confusion of Lord Coulton.

Edited on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:23 am by Lavalan Briesen
Ira Nebh
Serf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The representative from Diemed looks as the Archprelate with wide eyes and hurriedly writes a note which he gives to his servant who bolts out of the senate.
Sir Gaelan Taggart
Yeoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lavalan Briesen wrote:
Briesen interupts the eager Lord Coulton, and simply say,

"All in good time my child. Sit down. I shall speak to the gathered".

Lavalan Briesen then turns around. He seem to be gathering his thoughts then starts to speak with a clear voice, obviously used to making himself heard.

"Friends, colleagues, and..others", with that Lavalan allow himself a quick smile,

"It is good to be back. I have a brief annoncement I would like to give."

The Archprelate clears his voice, then continues

"I have been asked to say the following.
Representatives of Master Tane, who in no way are pirates, should be recived as true representatives. They should not be ignored, belittled or unbelived."

The Archprelate then give a dry chuckle, before continueing once more,

"Well. With that out of way, I better get back to my children. I'm afraid I shall not be around long enough to answer many questions. Any such can be sent to the Cathedral in Aerele. Simply said I have for nearly a year been a captive of the pirate Tane, who captured me and killing other holy men of the cloth.

I have promised to do some other things also, and being a man of my word, I shall not delay in doing them."

With that the eldering Archprelate bows deeply, and starts walking out again, much to the confusion of Lord Coulton.

The Senator of the Northern Imperial Temple scoffs. "In one breath he speaks of their innocence and the next he declares Orthien Tane a pirate. Which is it then?"

Edited on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 am by Sir Gaelan Taggart
Lord Kael Northmoor
Squire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kael laughs out loud.
"I take it, His Emminence made some promises and keeps to his words... Whatever he says afterwards is not part of said promise, thus he can praise with one hand, and condemn with the other.

...I like it."

Edited on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:56 am by Lord Kael Northmoor
Ira Nebh
Serf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a plausable explenation. If the Archprelate has given his word, he keeps it. Even when given to bandits.
Sir Dorian Vordhuine
Serf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A fair point - a gentleman should keep his word, even if forced to give it to a dirty pirate, but that's no reason to allow them into these halls." The senator gives a theatrical "sniff", as if foul vapours snuck into his nose.
Sir Gaelan Taggart
Yeoman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Kael Northmoor wrote:
Kael laughs out loud.
"I take it, His Emminence made some promises and keeps to his words... Whatever he says afterwards is not part of said promise, thus he can praise with one hand, and condemn with the other.

...I like it."

"Hmph. Perhaps your lordship is right. The Orthodoxy excels at speaking words without the spirit behind them."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Price of Glory Forum Index -> The Imperial Senate All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: