Road map for SOF | Cartographers Guild | Hypertext D20 SRD V3.5 | Bzorch BRCS | Turn Submission Username:    Password:
     Log me on automatically each visit    
Storms of Fate Forum Index Storms of Fate
A Birthright PBEM (BRCS)
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaving Rook's Roost
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Storms of Fate Forum Index -> Ghoerian Gala 3.1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm told the dwarves are good for Osoerde's economy, that they have helped us recover from the civil war. Thus I tolerate them and their peculiar ways," Jaison says.

"Marriage will do that, turn a happy couple serious and boring," Jaison says. "I don't intend to be serious and boring. You?" he asks Ellisandra.
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Never boring." Ellisandra's green eyes gleam with humour as she glances over to the Duke. "I shall make it my life's goal to be as fun and interesting as possible."

"That means no husbands, no paladins, and no terribly dull family members. I think you are quite right in your thinking."
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaison nods, "I'm glad. I believe in the pursuit of fun and pleasure."

"So tell me what it's like having a boring family like that? What do they do for...fun?"
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke Jaison Raenech wrote:
Jaison nods, "I'm glad. I believe in the pursuit of fun and pleasure."

"So tell me what it's like having a boring family like that? What do they do for...fun?"


"That depends." She grins and stretches her back gracefully before continuing. "Procella likes to fight, though I heard some rumours about what she and Duke Michael got up to when they met that would make you think she was a follower of Laerme and not the Storm Lord. My cousin Tempesta says they actually broke the Duke's bed the first day they met! You would like Tempesta, she escaped them all too. She managed to seduce the handsomest fellow, the Prince's cousin. She hasnt' been back to Ghoere since they were wed."

"The rest of them though, boring. Acies does nothing but read these dusty old scrolls and go off for days looking for old ruins. His new wife is going to be bored to tears with him. Phaethon just plants roses and prays...How he managed to seduce the Baroness and get her to elope with him I will never know! He's either building the college for Glorianna, or that wall to keep out the Spider, or in the roses planning his next gardening project!"

"As for my own family, Elsbeth reads and does embroidery and sings, but now she's not going to marry that terribly handsome Diem man, and I suspect she'll be unhappy for months about that and mope everywhere. And my brother Byron... he's just got an over developed sense of duty, not that it hasn't stopped him from spending months down in Roesone with that baroness. She's quite a bit prettier than I thought she'd be..."


Ellisandra laughs and reaches over to touch Jaison's forearm lightly. "I'm babbling, I'm sorry. I'm just so very pleased to be away from them all. I know I am going to enjoy my new life so much more."
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well," Jaison says with a grin, "I'm hoping that you will like dinners, dances and rides. Myself, I have not had such a captivating woman around for so long, I'm afraid all the social functions might give the court pause."

"Do you follow Laerme?"
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Captivating, and no longer a captive!" She laughs again and lets her hood fall back to reveal her face at last, knowing they are too far from the town for her to be recognized now.

"I was raised to follow Cuiraécen, though truly I am not certain who I follow in my heart. Perhaps it is Laerme, or another god, for the first time in my life I will be free to decide that for myself. Though the goddess of passion and fire does seem to be a good fit, don't you think?"

[/i]
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellisandra Ghieste wrote:
"Captivating, and no longer a captive!" She laughs again and lets her hood fall back to reveal her face at last, knowing they are too far from the town for her to be recognized now.

"I was raised to follow Cuiraécen, though truly I am not certain who I follow in my heart. Perhaps it is Laerme, or another god, for the first time in my life I will be free to decide that for myself. Though the goddess of passion and fire does seem to be a good fit, don't you think?"

[/i]


Jaison laughs with Ellisandra, "It is not a far cry from passion and fire of battle to the passion and fire of love."
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"From what I have seen of many married couples, tis more war than love at the best of times. I sincerely hope to never turn into that sort of person."



She glances slyly over at Jaison. "Or that kind of lover."
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellisandra Ghieste wrote:
"From what I have seen of many married couples, tis more war than love at the best of times. I sincerely hope to never turn into that sort of person."

She glances slyly over at Jaison. "Or that kind of lover."

"Perhaps marriage is overrated. Most use it as a political tool to forget alliances or as an attempt to prevent wars."

Jaison smiles at Ellisandra, "Lovers are just meant to be." He ponders something for a moment before adding, "Just what kind of lover do you hope to be?"
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke Jaison Raenech wrote:


"Perhaps marriage is overrated. Most use it as a political tool to forget alliances or as an attempt to prevent wars."

Jaison smiles at Ellisandra, "Lovers are just meant to be." He ponders something for a moment before adding, "Just what kind of lover do you hope to be?"


"Spoiled." She laughs and grins at Jaison. "Decadently, terribly, spoiled and grateful to her lover for being so. Does that sound appealing My Duke?"
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellisandra Ghieste wrote:
"Spoiled." She laughs and grins at Jaison. "Decadently, terribly, spoiled and grateful to her lover for being so. Does that sound appealing My Duke?"

Jaison grins as thoughts flash through his mind. Composing himself, he answers, "I think you might find yourself spoiled. It appeals to me on many levels."

"Just how grateful would you be?"
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke Jaison Raenech wrote:

Jaison grins as thoughts flash through his mind. Composing himself, he answers, "I think you might find yourself spoiled. It appeals to me on many levels."

"Just how grateful would you be?"


"To a handsome Duke who came and offered me a decadent life far away from the boring rules and drudgery of my life in Ghoere? I could be extremely grateful."
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duke Jaison Raenech
Squire

Posts: 58
Occupation: Duke of Osoerde
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellisandra Ghieste wrote:
"To a handsome Duke who came and offered me a decadent life far away from the boring rules and drudgery of my life in Ghoere? I could be extremely grateful."

"Well then," Jaison says, "I shall endeavour to provide you with a decadent life."

"The kind that you were denied in Ghoere."
_________________
Power corrupts
Absolute power is kind of neat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ellisandra Ghieste
Squire

Posts: 49

Location: Dhalaene, Ghoere

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duke Jaison Raenech wrote:

"Well then," Jaison says, "I shall endeavour to provide you with a decadent life."

"The kind that you were denied in Ghoere."


"You do say the nicest things Jaison." Elli turns and beams at Sir Drago, her green eyes dancing now. "Don't you think so Sir Drago? The entire gala would have been terribly boring without you both being there. And now I am coming home with you to Moriel! Isn't it wonderful?"
_________________
Youngest of the High Protector's three cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Drago Malik
Page

Posts: 28
Occupation: Knight Commander
Location: Moriel, Osoerde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellisandra Ghieste wrote:
"You do say the nicest things Jaison." Elli turns and beams at Sir Drago, her green eyes dancing now. "Don't you think so Sir Drago? The entire gala would have been terribly boring without you both being there. And now I am coming home with you to Moriel! Isn't it wonderful?"

"Yes, it is wonderful, milady," Sir Drago mutters as he ponders the long journey ahead of them.
_________________
Only the strong survive
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Storms of Fate Forum Index -> Ghoerian Gala 3.1 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group


Chronicles phpBB2 theme by Jakob Persson (http://www.eddingschronicles.com). Stone textures by Patty Herford.